What’s for Dinner??
It has happened, half way through the week and you are standing in front of your fridge with no idea of what to cook for dinner. You are tired and don’t want to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen and you hear that question in the back of your head “what’s for dinner then?”.
Well how about a yummy, easy and quick pasta that is not just cheesy and delicious, but healthy too! Try out this recipe for Easy Cheesy Vegetable pasta to get a quick and healthy dinner on the table!
Easy Cheesy Vegetable Pasta
[Makes 4 servings]
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
2 cups cooked pasta (penne, macaroni or fusilli)
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp chopped celery
1/2 cup capsicum (bell peppers), sliced
1 cup boiled mixed vegetables
3/4 cup milk
3 cheese slices ( or 1/2 cup grated processed cheese)
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp butter
salt and black pepper powder to taste
1. Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onion, celery and capsicum for 2 minutes.
2. Add the milk and cheese slices and bring to a boil.
3. Add the vegetables, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and bring to a boil.
Serve hot with toast or garlic bread.
-Approximately 1¼ cups of dried pasta will yield 2 cups of cooked pasta.
– Try broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and spinach as the mixed vegetable to make this meal even more rich in folic acid! Or try different vegetables you have at home, be creative!
-Eat your colors! Add red, green and yellow bell peppers to make this a colorful dish.
-Serve alongside some protein (like grilled chicken or salmon) to make this a heartier meal
And there you have it, a quick easy pasta that will save you from that Mid-week dinner slump. Enjoy!!!