Did you know that Go Folic! created a Savory & Soulful recipe brochure? This recipe brochure has 7 different recipes. Each features a different variety of beans and vegetables. We recently passed these out at our events throughout San Francisco. If you want a copy of it, you should come to our next event to pick one up.
Are you curious about what the recipes are like? Here is a glimpse!
BBQ Turkey in Pepper Shells
201 mcg Folate (50% RDA)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 whole bell peppers (any color)
- Brown ground turkey in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain excess fat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cool until tender, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic powder, liquid smoke, tomatoes, black beans and barbecue sauce; simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat
- Meanwhile, cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place in a microwave safe dish with a small amount of water.
- Cover and microwave bell peppers on high until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from dish and place on a large plate. Spoon turkey mixture into bell pepper shells and serve.