May is here! Which means a new schedule of events – starting with Mother’s Day and National Women’s Health Week, from May 8-14. It is going to be busy but fun. We are planning art activities, raffles for movie tickets and Safeway gift cards, and free vitamins.
On Mother’s Day weekend, write a message to your mom on our graffiti wall; we’ll take a photo of your drawing or quote that you can tag on Facebook and send as a Mother’s Day greeting. (Or we’ll take a photo of you standing in front of your quote and you can email it to her yourself!)
The theme of this year’s Women’s Health Week is “It’s your time!” As women, we always put our family, friends and romantic partners before ourselves. So when you come by our booth, put yourself first – pick up a bottle of FREE vitamins – it’s on us!
- Thursday, 5/5, 10:30 am – 11:00 am – Asian Family Support Center presentation, Sunset site – 65 Beverly St
- Saturday, 5/7, 10 am – 6 pm – Cinco de Mayo, Dolores Park
- Saturday, 5/7, 11 am – 3 pm – Center for Young Women’s Development and the Center for Reproductive Justice Young Families Day Celebration – Because being Pregnant or a Young Parent Isn’t a Crime! @ Civic Center Park (across the street from SF City Hall)
- Sunday, 5/8, 11 am – 4 pm – Mission Sunday Streets, from 24th St. and Hampshire St. to Valencia St. and Duboce Ave.
- Tuesday, 5/10, 10:30 am – 11:00 am – Asian Family Support Center presentation, Richmond site – 2327 Clement St.
- Thursday, 5/12, 4 pm – 8 pm – Mission Community Market, Bartlett St. and 22nd St.
- Saturday, 5/14, 10 am – 2 pm – Richmond Health Fair, Richmond Recreation Center, 251 18th Ave.
- Saturday, 5/21, 11 am – 4 pm – Neighborhood Vision Project Community Carnival @ Thurgood Marshall High School on 45 Conkling St.