We shared our experience at the Fillmore Farmer’s Market last week. Today, we want to share something else valuable from the farmer’s market…a delicious, folic rich recipe!
This recipe was prepared by the Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association and was handed out to everyone at the farmer’s market. The color and the use of ingredients attracted my attention. The freshness of the broccoli and orange in the market make me want to use this recipe when I am home. Seasonal vegetables that you can find in the farmer’s market are always the best ingredients for a delicious meal.
- 2 oranges
- 1 ½ pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat lemon yogurt
- Grate 1 orange to equal 1 teaspoon grated rind; set aside. Peel and section oranges, removing seeds; set aside.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket over boiling water, and cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and ginger, and sauté until tender. Remove from heat
- Toss together broccoli florets, onion mixture, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and orange sections in a large bowl. Stir in yogurt. Serve immediately.
Note: You can find this recipe at www.myrecipes.com